People with life-threatening illnesses need attention by an intensivist, a specialist physician with training and expertise in providing critical care. At Pulmonary & Critical Care Medicine Associates, all of our physicians are trained in pulmonary and critical care medicine and have experience working as an intensivist. We are prepared to provide immediate intensive care when you need it most. Care is generally provided in the intensive care unit (ICU).
Disorders that may require critical care services include:
- Severe infection (sepsis and septic shock)
- Acute respiratory failure (severe breathing problems)
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)
- Acute renal failure
- Acute gastrointestinal bleeding
- Complications from surgery
- Serious cardiac disorders
We provide critical care services at the following hospitals:
- Harrisburg Hospital
- Community General Osteopathic Hospital
- West Shore Hospital
- Carlisle Regional Medical Center
- Holy Spirit Hospital – We provide consultative services in the cardiothoracic ICU and surgical ICU.