A pulmonary nodule is a small round or oval-shaped growth in the lung. It may also be called a “spot on the lung” or a “shadow in the lung”. The Lung Nodule Clinic at PCCMA is designed to help diagnose, monitor and treat patients with previously identified or suspected lung nodules.
The goals of the clinic are early detection of lung disease with minimal procedures for patient convenience and cost consideration and to assist referring providers with ongoing lung nodule monitoring.
- Quick access to initial visit appointment
- Immediate assessment, diagnosis, and recommendations
- Continuity of care by the same team of providers
- Coordination of specialty care
- Ongoing communication with referring providers
- Patient education throughout the process