Why Do a Sleep Study?
Left untreated, sleep disorders can lead to other conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease and depression. Sleep studies enable doctors to diagnose and identify treatments for sleep disorders.
A sleep study, or Polysomnography (PSG), is an overnight exam that provides insights into a patient’s brain and bodily functions while they sleep.
PCCMA performs sleep studies in our comfortable in-house sleep lab and sleep labs affiliated with UPMC Pinnacle.
- Circadian rhythm disorders (jet-lag and work shift-related disorders that affect your internal “body clock”)
- Sleep apnea (breathing problems during sleep)
- Narcolepsy (extreme sleepiness)
- Insomnia (inability to sleep)
- Restless leg syndrome (uncontrollable urge to move your legs)
- Periodic limb movements
Request an appointment
Prepare for Your First Visit
Learn What to Expect at Your Sleep Study
Read our 5 Things to Know Before Sleep Study blog post
Review the Sleep Study: A Simple Exam Can Lead to a Better Night’s Sleep blog post